Submission Deadline: 28th February, 2024.
Here are the submission guidelines to consider:
- Articles should represent original contributions to folklore studies.
- We especially welcome articles on the folklore of New York State.
- Articles can focus on theory, methodology, geography of folklore, or ethnography of folklore.
- Descriptive articles on folk narratives, tales, songs, and more are also encouraged.
- Articles can range from 1,000 to 4,000 words, with extensions up to 6,000 words at the editor’s discretion.
- Authors are encouraged to include personal reminiscences, anecdotes, and additional material that complements the main article.
REVIEWS AND REVIEW ESSAYS:
- Reviews should focus on books, recordings, films, exhibitions, and other relevant materials related to folklore studies or New York State folklore.
- Reviews should not exceed 750 words.
CORRESPONDENCE AND COMMENTARY:
- Short, substantive reactions or elaborations on material published in Voices within the past year are welcome.
- Letters should not exceed 500 words.
- Follow The Chicago Manual of Style for formatting.
- Use American spellings.
- Avoid gender-specific terminology.
- Incorporate footnotes and endnotes into the text.
- Foreign-language terms should be italicized and followed by an English gloss.
- Use the author-date style described in The Chicago Manual of Style.
- All material must be submitted in English.
- British spellings should be Americanized.
- By submitting material to Voices, the author acknowledges that Voices holds copyright to its publication.
- Permission to publish elsewhere must be secured by contacting New York Folklore at email@example.com.
- Submit manuscripts as Word files, double-spaced, with consecutive page numbers.
- The author’s name and biography should only appear on a separate title page.
- Tables, charts, maps, illustrations, and photographs should be included and numbered consecutively.
- All illustrations should be clean and camera-ready.
- Photographs should be emailed to the guest editor, Rasel Ahmed, at firstname.lastname@example.org as .jpg or .tiff files.
- Written permission to publish each image must be obtained by authors from the copyright holders before submission.
We look forward to receiving your submissions and continuing our tradition of exploring the rich tapestry of folklore in New York State and beyond. If you have any questions or need further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.